Commonly well-known as the eggplant, brinjal is one of the mainly easily available and affordable healthy vegetables.
The fruit is a radiant cholesterol regulator. It is very helpful too, when used externally in a fat or oil-based preparation to relieve haemorrhoid anxiety.
Brinjal or Eggplant is rich in Vitamin A & B, Calcium, fiber, folic acid, sodium, vitamin C and potassium. It is also sometimes known as poor man’s meat since it is a low-cost vegetable. Medicinal uses and benefits of brinjal are discussed here.
- Brinjal is believed to possess many medicinal properties and is used as a medicine for cancer, hypertension and diabetes.
- Brinjal is high in water satisfied and potassium. This is an excellent cholesterol regulator.
- Take brinjal in a mashed form or as a soup and add several garlic and asafetida to it. It will help you get relieve of flatulence and regulate the wind humor of the body.
- Brinjal can also be eaten behind being roasted directly on fire. Just peel off the skin, mash it and add some salt in it for flavor and eat it. It will help cure phlegm, congestion and decrease the structure of gas.
- In order to raise appetite and digestion, take soup made of mashed brinjal and tomato, beside with several salt and pepper.
- Taking soft and seared eggplant with honey in the evening helps in having a sound sleep. You can use it to treatment insomnia.
- In order to cure enlarged spleen caused due to malaria, eat soft baked brinjal along with raw sugar on empty stomach, rather in the morning.
- It reduces swellings of legs; its decoction is useful gradually over the affected parts.
- Rats fed BT brinjal had diarrhoea, improved water consumption; decrease in liver weight, and liver to body weight.
- Brinjal is anti-diabetic and worn to check diabetes.