It is one of the major components in Ayurvedic medicine, which has been practiced in India since many centuries. The neem tree is noted for its long life and purity. It has tendency to cure most of the diseases. Neem tree purifies the air. So it is said that you should have one or more Neem trees planted nearby your house, offices etc.
Neem is one of the main ingredients in almost all Ayurvedic blood purification formulas and in many diabetic Ayurvedic formulas as well. Chewing 2-5 neem leaves every day, controls diabetes, purifies blood and also puts hyper acidity at bay, very excellent home remedy for blood purification. Another important use of neem leaves is to ward off the mosquitoes. Neem tree Gum is used as a bulking agent to prepare special food for diabetics. Its branches are used for cleaning teeth. Neem leaf extract is useful in the treatment of malaria and blood purification. Neem oil is used for the preparation of cosmetics such as creams, shampoo, soap, balms, etc. which are useful for treatment of acne, to maintain skin elasticity, and skin care.
Their uses in curing and preventing many diseases not only in humans but also in animals have been known to mankind for long. Neem is also used to protect plants from pests and insects, neem is also used to stimulate the growth of plants as it is considered to be a natural manure without any toxic effects.
- It helps in proper healing of wound, burns and injuries.
- Neem is a natural cure for skin diseases. It also provides internal glow to the skin.
- Neem helps our body to combat mild infections.
- Neem oil used treating of hair fall, dandruff, lice and early graying of hairs.
- Neem is helpful in constipation, indigestion and restoring taste of mouth.
- Neem helps in maintaining proper secretions of liver etc.