Guava is an awfully yummy fruit, children’s are like very much…It’s having special colors. Guava is another tropical fruit rich in nutrition.
As you can see, the guava is very similar its exclusive flavor, taste, and health-promoting qualities, the fruit easily fits in new functional foods . This fruit is diabetic friendly and tastes yummy as well.
The fruit is soft when grown with sweet musky aroma and smooth in texture. Internally, the flesh varies in color depending up on the cultivar and may be white, pink, yellow, or red. Ripe fruits have rich flavor with sweet-tart taste. Each fruit contains several tiny, semi-hard grown seeds, concentrated specially at its center.
Botanically, this wonderful fruit fit in to the family of Myrtaceae of the genus: psidium. Scientific name: Psidium guajava
High in Vitamin C, vitamin A ,Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and low in saturated fat ,no cholesterol , very small in sodium, very high in dietary fiber , high in potassium etc.,
Guavas are low in calories and fats but include several very important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant poly-phenolic and flavonoid compounds that play pivotal role in prevention of cancers, anti-aging, immune-booster etc.
- Guava fruit are said to help inferior cholesterol, protect your heart and are good for your immune system.
- Guava is one of the riches sources of nutritional fiber. Its seeds, if ingested whole or chewed, provide as outstanding laxatives.
- Juice of raw and young guavas or decoction of guava-leaves is very helpful in giving help in cough and cold by loosening cough, reducing mucus, disinfecting the respiratory tract, throat and lungs and inhibiting microbial activity due to its sharp properties.
- Guava is among the fruits which have high amounts of antioxidants in it. Thus fighting the effects of free radicals and helping us to keep youthful skin.
- Guava helps decrease cholesterol in blood and prevents it from thickening, thus maintaining smoothness of blood and reducing blood pressure.
- Guava leaf tea is commonly used as a medicine beside gastroenteritis (dysentry) and child diarrhea.