Okra, also termed as lady’s finger, is a flowering plant in the mallow family. This plant is known for its edible green fruits, or long green pods. Its scientific name is “abelmoschus esculentus” and also “hibiscus esculentus”.
For centuries, this green and healthy vegetable has been widely grown across the entire African region .It is a very useful vegetable and inexpensive medicine, as it is available practically round the year in India. Its use to boost sexual vigour and reduce excess menstrual blood. Due to its sweet taste, cold potency, vata-pitta pacifier nature, strength promoting aphrodisiac qualities, it is a very useful to ladies close to menopause.
lady’s finger is low in Sodium, Saturated Fat and Cholesterol, thus, an ideal diet for human consumptionHigh in Dietary Fiber, Vitamins, such as A,C, K, thiamin,B6, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Manganese, Protein, Riboflavin, Niacin, Iron, Zinc and Copper.
- lady’s finger helps relieve constipation.
- lady’s finger helps control blood sugar as it curbs the rate at which sugar is absorbed from the intestinal tract.
- lady’s finger contains soluble fiber which helps in controlling the cholesterol level in our bodies.
- lady’s finger contains insoluble fiber too which keeps the intestinal track healthy.
- Lady Finger helps in reducing risks of deadly diseases like cancer.
- Nurture you hair – Lady’s Finger can be applied to hair as the last rinse to make your hair bounce.
- It’s good for people who have asthma.